Terms & Conditions
- It is recommended each customer brings a maximum of 3 fixed fin, or 4 removable fin surfboards.
- A current passport with at least six months validity from return date to Australia (or country of origin) is required.
- For travel to Indonesia, passport holders of many countries (including Australia, NZ, USA, Canada, UK, Spain, France) obtain a free 30-day tourist visa issued upon arrival. For other nationalities, or stays exceeding 30 days, please refer to the Indonesian Consulate for visa information. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your return date, and you must have one completely empty page on your passport.
- Hedley Travel Pty. Ltd. Trading as ‘FREELINE INDONESIAN SURF ADVENTURES’ (‘FREELINE’) acts as a coordinator of the travel components supplied by the various operators and shall not be held liable for any damage, injury, extra expense, loss, delay or irregularity relating from or in relation to such services. FREELINE will not be liable or responsible for any problems arising from any computer related or Internet issues. FREELINE will not accept responsibility or liability for any customer who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited.
- It is the responsibility of customers who are arranging their own flights to/from the tour start point, to advise FREELINE of their flight arrival/departure details as early as possible, so that the operators can confirm there is sufficient connection time to join/depart the trip and for transfers to be arranged. Any fees to change these flights due to insufficient connection time shall be borne by the customer.
- FREELINE reserves the right to cancel any tour if minimum group numbers are not met. In such instance, alternative suitable arrangements will be offered, or a refund of all money paid will be made to the customer. This refund will constitute full settlement with the customer and no further compensation claim will be entered into. FREELINE will not be liable to compensate customers for any associated expenses incurred as a result of their booking.
- Bookings are accepted on the understanding the customer is aware that all travel is at his / her own risk and that they appreciate the possible risks involved in adventure travel and surfing in remote areas, and they undertake the trip of their own volition.
- FREELINE are not responsible for customers’ personal belongings, medical expenses, personal liabilities or any loss or damage to person or property caused by accident, transport failure, actions of local (Indonesian) chartered operators, delays, terrorism, wars, acts of God, civil unrest etc. Therefore adequate COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY.
- The surf trip guides and/or charter boat captains, at their discretion, can alter or vary the itinerary to suit weather/surf conditions, the wishes of the group, or civil conditions in the area visited, or any other reason that could affect the safety or well being of the group.
- If for any reason (sickness, accident etc.) after departure, the customer is unable to complete the trip, NO REFUND can be made for any unused portion of the trip. The guides will give whatever assistance they can but their main responsibility will be to the group.
- Customers must be aware that most areas visited are not regular surfer/tourist routes and facilities are likely to be basic. Transport is by local chartered vehicles and most meals available during the trip will be Indonesian style.
- Costs not included in Tour price: Excess baggage, Personal spending money, Travel Insurance, any applicable Airport departure taxes for international and domestic flights in Indonesia, Passport and Inoculation costs, Transfers and meals, except where specified, Personal costs incurred through delays in transport or mechanical breakdown.
- Promotional surfing photos/information relating to FREELINE products are indicative only and, due to the nature of surfing, the quality and consistency of surf cannot be guaranteed.
- Customers under 18years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For Mentawai Charters the Padang Harbour master requires a photocopy of each traveller’s passport. They will impose a fine for non-compliance. FREELINE suggests you take a minimum two (2) copies of your passport.
Many national governments provide a regularly updated advice service on safety issues involved with international travel. FREELINE recommends that you check your government's advice for their latest travel information to Indonesia before departure. Please refer to our website's ‘Friends’ page for a link to the latest travel advisories.
Cancellations must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where a cancellation occurs after ticket issue a minimum of 25% of the applicable airfare may be retained by the airline. This is a standard airline regulation. Payments made after the required date may result in changes to ticket price. In such cases the customer will be notified and any increase in ticket price will be paid by the customer.
Land/Charter Boat Content:
1. Bookings cancelled at any time up to 60 days prior to departure will be subject to a cancellation fee to the value of the deposit paid.
2. Bookings cancelled within 60 days of departure will incur a minimum cancellation fee of the value of the deposit paid, and may forfeit an amount equal to the total land/charter content price.
3. No refund is available after the tour has commenced or in respect to any portion of the trip not utilised.