This is a land based package to the beautiful island Rote staying at Anugrah Surfcamp, Nembrala Beach.
START & END IN
Bali (return domestic flights to Kupang are included)
Typically 13 days/12nights (trip duration is flexible - refer pricing table for more/less nights)
Your trip should not end on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Sunday due to ferry / flight connections in Kupang.
Ending on these days will require an additional night in Kupang (not included in trip price)
Morning pickup from Bali hotel (in Kuta area) and transfer to airport for 1.5 hour flight to Kupang, West Timor.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a board tax of around US$2/kg and no restriction on board size.
Pickup in Kupang and transfer to hotel for 1 night. Kupang is fairly untouched by tourism but is safe and people are very friendly.
*** Flight Option Kupang-Rote on Day 1*** Extra USD$50 per person
Connect in Kupang with flight to Rote, then transfer to Anugerah, arriving approx 3.30pm.
Please note the flight has very strict luggage allowances: 10kg checked luggage, boards (maximum 2) no longer than 7ft 2.
Carriage of boards is RP200,000 per board, paid locally.
Please advise at the time of booking if you want to do this flight option.
If you cannot meet these luggage restrictions, you will need to choose the overnight Kupang option.
Day 2 +
Pickup and transfer to Kupang harbour for 2.0 hour, fast ferry to Rote Island, departing at 8.00am. Pickup in Baa then transfer by AC mini-bus to Anugrah Homestay, arriving in time for lunch.
From here, you are free to enjoy the beautiful area and servies of Anugerah. Other activities include fishing, snorkeling, swimming, village visits or just kicking back and relaxing. Diving is also now available at additional cost.
Boat transfers are included (see pricing page) as well as 3 meals per day, 1 large water and l large Bintang per person, per day.
Thismorning transfer the to Baa harbour, board the fast ferry back to Kupang. Ferry leaves at 8.00am and arrives in Kupang Harbor at approx. 10.30am. Pickup at harbour and transfer the Kupang airport for flight to Bali, departing approx 1.30pm. Pickup and transfer to hotel (Kuta area).
ABOUT ANUGRAH HOMESTAY
Aungrah Homestay is owned by Mus and his family. Mus a local Rotinese and has helped develop surfing and tourism on Rote for the past 20 years. Mus gets out for a surf whenever his work load lets him. He is an active member of the local village organisation and church.
He ensures guests are looked after and most guests feel like part of his family by the time they have to depart. Mus has explored Rote Island and is in the know when it comes to the best conditions for surf.
Anugrah is located right on Nembrala Beach. You can see T-land from your veranda past the coconut trees. There are 9 bungalows that all face south which allow all rooms to enjoy a nice breeze.
The rooms are wooden huts with traditional Lontar palm thached rooves. All rooms are a separate building, complete with fans, mosquito nets and comfortable beds. Each room has a large veranda with seats to relax. Bathroom is basic with shower and toilet. Rooms are well ventilated and cool.
There is an outdoor shower, 1 outdoor bar and seating area, and one indoor restaurant. Also a stereo, DVD and television to watch in restaurant after a full day of surfing.
The best local sim card SIMPATI. There is a strong signal 24hours a day with email access on smart phones. Guests can purchase a sim card in Bali or at Rote. Or guests can use the mobile phone at the camp for a small charge.
Bring mosquito repellant and always take precautions to prevent being bitten repellent as there is malaria in the area (although few mosquitoes during the dry season). Mosquito nets are provided. Anti-malarial medication is recommended (consult your doctor).
There have been cases of Typhoid in this region.
There is a Doctor on call in the Nembrala village
Anugrah Homestay offers a comfortable, budget priced surfing holiday to the beautiful island of Rote, home of Nembrala (T-land),one of the longest and most consistent best lefts in Indonesia.
There's about 10 waves, lefts and rights, to suit all levels of surfing from beginners to intermediates. Swells range between 4-8ft faces rising to over 15ft on occasions.
The trade winds are very consistent, making every day offshore. Rote is surrounded by pristine white sandy beaches and bays shaded by coconuts trees. It is compared to Bali 30 years ago. Rote is a great place to just chill out, surf and swim.
(US$ per person, current for 2017)
FAN or AC rooms*
Extra nights pp
- 1 night at hotel in Kupang (air-con, breakfast included)
- 11 nights at Anugerah Homestay, Nembrala
- AC Rooms* or Fan cooled rooms* with ensuite & hot water (preferred room subject to availability at the time of booking).
- (or 12nights Anugerah if doing the Kupang-Rote flight - ADD USD$50 per person)
- 3 person price is based on 1 twin/double room + 1 single room at Anugerah
- Breakfast at Kupang hotel
- At Anugerah Homestay, 3 excellent meals per day, 1 large Aqua (bottled water) & 1 large Bintang beer per day
- Additional water, beer, soft drinks, juices can be purchased from the bar at Anugrah.
- 2 boat transfers to Nembrala (T-land) each day
- 1 trip to the right-hander Boa (20 minutes drive)
- 1 boat trip to a right north of Nembrala
- All forward and return hotel-aiport-harbour transfers starting and finishing at your hotel in Bali, Kuta/Legian/Tuban area, by AC car or mini-van. Please note that pickups in the Uluwatu-Bingin area incur an additional US$20 per vehicle, each way.
- Return Kupang-Rote tickets by fast ferry (Please note - tipping of porters is expected here)
- Bali-Kupang return flights (departure taxes & surfboard fees not included)
- OPTIONAL (add USD$50pp) Kupang-Rote one way flight Day 1 (surfboard fees not included).
|A few of the more well-known breaks in the area: Nemberala, The Bommie, Suckies, Boa, Do'a.|